20 year old fashion design student, artist and photographer.
I started working in fashion and writing at age 15 through my blog, Rose and Vintage. Founded in November 2012 it became a platform through which I could develop my styling, photography and writing skills, and won me Best Teen Style Blogger at Company Magazine's Style Blogger Awards in 2014. I pursued writing and photography throughout Sixth Form College and my Art Foundation course, having my work published across various online and print magazines, and producing my own zine Bloom which sold internationally. In June 2017, age 19, I became Fashion Assistant at XXY Magazine, where I worked until January 2018, learning the ins-and-outs of producing content and running an independent online and print publication. As of February 2018 I have begun to produce my own monthly printed zine, 5.18 Magazine, in a move to get mine and my peer's work out in the physical world more frequently. It aims to be an accessible zine, covering all topics and not aimed at any specific age or gender. It is published at the end of each month and available through the online shop.
- Cherryboy Magazine Issue 3: Cover, interview and bag print. April 2018.
- Suzi Wu for Saperlipopette Magazine. November 2017.
- Tate Late, 27th October 2017 at the Turbine Hall, Tate Modern. 5 Photographs displayed.
- Sisterhood, for Saperlipopette Magazine. July 2017.
- Colliding at times with lines dreamed long ago, for Grunge'n'Art Magazine. July 2017.
- De Wallen Collective, and my Foundation Diploma final garments. Grunge'n'Art Magazine, May 2017.
- Mona in the Marshes, and Youth Temporarily Forever. Grunge'n'Art Magazine, April 2017.
- 5.18 x Fruitcake Event and Exhibition, painting diptych "Suture" displayed. July 2018.
- Rhythm in Art, Goldsmiths University. 2 Paintings displayed. May 2018.
- Copying Creativity: The Latest Case of Plagiarism in Fashion. For XXY Magazine, September 2017.
- Ali Ekmekci, the Designer Exploring the Language of the Media. For XXY Magazine, August 2017.
- Rosie Newton, the Designer Defending the Working Class. For XXY Magazine, August 2017.
- Otto Hashmi, the Musician Blurring Boundaries. For XXY Magazine, August 2017.
- Focused Functionalism at LFWM Day Three. For XXY Magazine. June 2017.
- Back to the Future at LFWM Day Four. For XXY Magazine. June 2017.
- Politics is LFWM's Biggest Trend. For XXY Magazine. June 2017.
- Travel Diary and Thought Piece: Berlin, Prague and Vienna. For Written Citizen, August 2016.
- Honey: Swim Deep Music Review. For Purr Mag, July 2013.
Interviews or Features
- Business of Fashion: Japan Wants More Fashion Designers from Abroad. April 2017.
- XXY Magazine: Model and Gen Z Creative, Ellie Connor-Phillips. January 2017.
- i-D Magazine: Five High-School Bloggers Set to Inherit Tavi's Crown. April 2015.